Today’s modern homes will normally have a more recent 4 prong energy socket on the wall for the dryer to connect into. That is now the typical in the usa and is safer compared to the older 3 prong. Therefore, if you purchase a somewhat older dryer that nevertheless uses the 3 prong cord, you could encounter this predicament. What do you do? you have got 2 options…
Choice 1 – You can employ a expert electrician to install a fresh 4 prong cord on your own dryer. An electrician will often charge around $80 bucks to set up a brand new power cord in your dryer. Pro installation doesn’t often are the price of a unique 4 dryer cord that is prong. A 4 prong 30amp 250v dryer power cord will often price around $15 to $25 bucks it yourself if you buy. For you to buy the 4 prong dryer cord beforehand if you will be calling an electrician to install the cord, it may be cheaper. This might help save you around $40 dollars according to exactly exactly what the electrician will charge for a power cord that is new.
Choice 2 – The other option would be to get a brand new 4 prong power that is dryer and set it up yourself. When you yourself have electrical experience this work should take around thirty minutes. Nevertheless we recommend to engage an electrician when coping with a scenario similar to this. If utilizing a specialist electrician just isn’t possible then continue reading. If you need to install the latest dryer cord yourself, be sure to work with a UL Listed 4 prong replacement dryer power cable with flanged spade terminals for simple and quick connections.
To alter the energy cable your self, first view this video to obtain a sense of what exactly is included. Always disconnect power when doing almost any repairs on an appliance!
- Choose the correct power cord that is dryer.
- FOR PROTECTION: head to the dryer manufacturer’s site in order to find the wiring diagram on the best way to attach the cable precisely. The replacement cable you bought might also have “How To Wire” diagram about it also. The dryer may also state from the back what color and where in fact the wires link.
- Turn from the breaker towards the dryer.
- Unplug the dryer cable from power.
- Get access to the dryer by sliding it down very carefully.
- Get behind the dryer and take away the terminal block access panel (small panel with frequently raya music one screw securing it).
- Loosen the screws keeping the cable wires regarding the terminal block.
- Detach the old cable cables.
- Loosen the screws regarding the cable stress relief.
- Slip the old cord out and take away completely.
- Slip the power that is new into destination.
- Connect and tighten up the brand new cord cables in the terminal block precisely and in accordance with the manufacturer’s suggestions.
- Fasten the screws from the cord stress relief (in the event that cord that is new a more recent stress relief, use that certain as opposed to the old one).
- Reinstall the terminal block access panel.
- Plug dryer cable in to the wall surface outlet for the dryer.
- Switch on the breaker into the dryer.
- Testing the dryer to make sure it operates and gets temperature.
three or four prong power cord installation on a dryer that is electric